Wayward Empires

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Wayward Empires

Make-your-own-nation-sim....IN SPAAAAACE!

4 posters

Nation Thoughts?

Azrael
    Azrael

Character Page
    Character Name:
    Race:
    Nation Thoughts? Empty Nation Thoughts?

Post by Azrael Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:02 pm

So people got a rough idea of what they want to do RP wise?

I'm thinking of a semi-bastardised version of the Culture from Iain Banks novels (but without the hippy hand-holding crap) called The Realm of the Involved Races, have my nation based on planets/moons of artifical construction which house a Mind (a highly advanced artifical intelligence with conciousness) which oversee the highly rarefied analyses which inform policy. There'll be a variety of races which took refuge here from persecutions on their own worlds, usually relating to unorthodox research and philisophies. I see the RIR as a repository/datastore for other governments, as well as a source of unusual technologies, artifical intelligences, and information analysis.

My other option is the remenants of a once several dozen-systems empire which collapsed during a major economic crisis. 3 small and medium border trading systems managed to band together under the direction of their customs and excise forces, as well as their judicial authorities, forming a kind of judicracy focused on maintaining law and order, and promoting trade.

Anybody else got possible ideas for their nations?
    Techie
    Admin

Nation Thoughts? Empty Re: Nation Thoughts?

Post by Techie Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:16 pm

Starship Troopers: How a democracy should work.

Yes, I know it is a meritocracy but I don't care. Making people actually have to work to have the privilege to vote is a great idea in my opinion. Combine that with a nation that has never been touched by the blight known as social welfare to truly embrace the idea of capitalism and you have yourself a nation that is ready to dominate militarily, economically, and culturally! (Culturally because it will also be a police state that snuffs out any idea considered detrimental to the development of the state - such as Islam)
    Hashburgers
    Hashburgers

Post by Hashburgers Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:26 pm

Not totally sure yet, but Im going to make an evil alien empire that follows its own rules and is hell bent on conquering other worlds and systems. They especially have a hatred for humans.
    Dispater

Post by Dispater Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:03 pm

A transhumanist society, extensive genetic modification, people are grown in artificial wombs and end up in genetic castes. Decadent ruling aristocracy. Isolationist but not aggressive, one world or space station set aside for external trade.

Well thats the basic idea anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:40 pm